VINH LONG UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION ( VLUTE)
Labor Medal of the second class and third class
Gold symbol of Vietnam Human Resource
Vinh Long University of Technology Education is the public university operated under the national education system of Vietnam. Currently, the university is managed by Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs on human resources, and Ministry of Education and Training about the training program.
Located in the center of the Mekong Delta, VLUTE is one of the key universities on vocational education of the country, and invested by the project "Technical Education and Vocational Training".
Over the past few years, the university has trained and supported skillful human resources, vocational teachers and technicians to provinces in the Mekong Delta region and other localities in the country.
Through the surveys, those who graduated from VLUTE have good performances at their working places, and are very quick in the process of acquiring new technology. Many of them have become key cadres at vocational schools, vocational centers or institutions, units, factories, etc, serving the cause of the national industrialization and modernazation.
OVERALL TRAINING GOALS
- Training vocational teachers and technicians at graduate and undergraduate levels for universities, colleges, educational institutions throughout the country in general and the Mekong Delta region in particular.
- Mastering vocational theories and skills learned, fluently applying skills to do jobs; having moral qualities, professional ethics, scientific thoughts, activeness, creativity, sense of responsibility, sense of community, and industrial working style.
- Having a thorough understanding of basic knowledge on pedagogical skills; employing integrated advanced teaching methods systematically; assisting learners with practical activities.
By December 2016, the university’s permanent teaching staff: Associate Professor: 05 (2.2%), Ph.D: 15 (6.7%), Ph.D candidates: 24 (10.8%), MA.: 115 (51.6%), M.A candidates: 37 (16.6%), and Bachelor: 27 (12.1%).
ENVIRONMENT – FACILITIES
- The university has a healthy learning environment with modern equipments, advanced teaching methods. Students are equipped with professional skills, foreign languages and computer skills, sufficient to meet the requirements in the era of global economic integration.
- The university determines that the teaching staff quality plays an important role in ensuring the training quality. Therefore, it continuously supplements lecturers with high qualifications to serve the training goals and improves the training methods in the direction of promoting learners’ activeness through group work, presentation, etc. The number of students getting very good and good results has been increasing.
- The university has more than 140 spacious lecture rooms and workshops, multipurpose projector and sound system, specialized laboratories, computers with internet, wireless. The e-library with thousands of books supports learners to search information. The self-study area fully meets the students’ demands such as discussion, skills development, creativity. The university’s dormitory serves over 500 boarding students annually.
Under recruitment regulations of universities and colleges issued by Ministry of Education and Training and Ministry of Labor, Invalids, and Social Affairs, students belonging to preferential policy will be added bonus marks in the recruitment process. Furthermore, students who are accepted to study at VLUTE will get the following priorities:
1. Tuition fees paid under Decree 86/2015/NĐ-CP; exemption of 100% tuition fees for students studying Technology Education (at bachelor level);
2. Exemption of tuition fees for the academic year 2017-2018 for students for students admitted to teh university with permanent residence in the South Central provinces of Vietnam affected by the floods in 2016;
3. Considering the scholarship grant for students of good, very good results or upwards;
4. Getting social allowances and educational preferences under the State regulations;
5. Being postponed military service and supported loan procedures for studies;
6. Being consulted on job introduction, labor export after graduation.